For the past 35 years, Ed Graf has been active in the Commercial Real Estate Industry. In 1980, he began as an investor in multi-family properties in the northeast, primarily in the New York Metro area. Ed, as the managing partner, had the additional responsibility of reporting to co-investors on the day-to-day management, as well as the financing of the properties.
In 2004, Ed turned his focus to broader projects by bringing his expertise to Houlihan-Parnes, a multi-faceted commercial real estate firm. Over the years, HP has expanded to include Houlihan-Parnes Properties, a commercial property management company; GHP, an entity involved in the acquisition, management and leasing of office buildings; and Coolidge Equities, which syndicates deals throughout the United States. Houlihan-Parnes also owns Q10 New York Realty Advisors, a member of a nationwide network of financing specialists and advisors for investors throughout the country. This Houlihan-Parnes group of companies is comprised of over 60 individuals creating an open synergetic environment that promotes the sharing of information on all aspects of the commercial real estate industry.
Ed has been an integral part of the growth of Houlihan-Parnes contributing to the asset management, financing, sales and leasing operations.
Ed has a tried-and-true method of asset management. He will undertake the following steps at a property as soon as possible and position it for continued long-term performance:
1. Collaborate with ownership to establish operational goals and financial objectives.
2. Assess current conditions and determine and correct deficiencies.
3. Create an operating budget and management plan, including capital improvements.
4. Report results on a monthly basis and implement needed changes.
Assets currently under Ed Graf’s management:
• Medical Office: 52,000 sf in Albuquerque, NM
• Retail: 125,000 sf shopping center in Albuquerque, NM
• Multi-family: 253 units with two locations in Monticello, NY
• Multi-family: 602 unit portfolio in central New York with 13 site locations; Binghamton, Endicott, Johnson City and Endwell
• Multi-family: 257 units in Binghamton, NY
• First mortgage financing for a 52,000 SF medical center located in Albuquerque, NM for $4,000,000.
• First mortgage financing for a 13-building portfolio in upstate New York for $17,000,000.
• First mortgage refinancing in the amount of $31,400,000 for a 328,538 SF shopping center in St. Croix.
• First mortgage of $22,000,000 for four mixed-use buildings and a single tenant landmark building in DUMBO, Brooklyn.
• First mortgage financing for a 51,628 SF CVS-anchored shopping center located in Farmington, CT. The loan amount was $5,450,000 and the LTV was 85%.
• Arranged acquisition financing for a 124,500 SF shopping center in Albuquerque, NM.
• Arranged for a $20,000,000 participation of a $90,000,000 construction loan for a Mercedes-Benz dealership condo, on the West Side of Manhattan.
Ed is responsible for over $250 million in financing. While Ed is proactive in finding new sources of capital, his success comes from developing and maintaining key relationships over his 35 years of experience.
Ed is a graduate in excellent standing from Long Island’s Schreiber High School and Alfred University. He is a lifelong New Yorker, with relationships going back over 50 years.
Ed, his wife Ann, daughter Molly and dog Buster, reside in Manhasset Long Island where they are respected members of the community. They enjoy hiking, skiing, traveling and spending time at home.